Monday, May 20, 2013

Chapter Twenty Six - The One With The Kiss

Tris and Four talk to each other while holding hands. Is it official? Are they an item? Does it really matter? We all know they will sooner or later.

Tris finds out that Four's aptitude test result was Abnegation. Makes sense to me. I see him as the selfless-type. He tells her that he left Abnegation because he needed to get away from his father. I understand this, I wouldn't want to be around my parents if they were abusive. Four also describes his view on selflessness and bravery, and says that he believes that they aren't all that different. I'd have to agree with this. With only the five factions, there is bound to be some gray area, and I believe this is one of the debates that can be justified.

This chapter is all about.... FEELINGS
Tris is curious as to why Four has been watching her, and he tells her that he likes her. About time he admitted it! He also tells her to refer to him as Tobias and not Four. Tris doesn't believe him at first, but she is soon proven wrong when he kisses her. I know this is supposed to be a big moment in the book, but I don't understand what the big deal is. The two have already held hands, he's kissed her forehead, she has stayed at his apartment twice. This is just another step and it was easy to see coming.

Anyway, Tris becomes more relaxed and kisses him again. While doing so, she thinks about what could have happened.

"For a few minutes we kiss... I realize that if we had both chosen differently, we might have ended up doing the same thing, in a safer place, in gray clothes instead of black ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment