Monday, May 20, 2013

Chapter Thirty - The One With Tris' Fear Landscape

In Tris' fear landscape, the first few simulations are repeats of ones that she has had to face before. She conquers her fear of birds by imagining that she has a gun and shoots a few of them. She conquers the fear of drowning by telling herself she is strong enough to break the glass. She also has a similar fear where she is in an ocean with roaring water and she conquers this by pulling herself onto land.

Not exactly what I meant
Now she is faced with new fears. She is burned at the stake by some of the other initiates led by Peter. She imagines rain and it begins to fall to extinguish the fire. The next one is being stalked by the man from her aptitude test. She decides to hide in the closet. The next fear is a little... different. She is afraid of "doing the horizontal tango" with Tobias. I'm not going to get into this one. The last fear she faces is having to choose between having Jeanine shoot her family or herself. She chooses to do the selfless thing and takes the bullet herself.

"Shoot me instead."

I'd have to say the scariest fear to me is the last one. I wouldn't want to have to choose who to shoot and who not to shoot. I'm not a big fan of weapons in the first place. So I'd rather just avoid the situation completely.

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment